Hello Again, Sydney

One Sydney-sider's experiences moving back to Sydney after a long absence overseas.

Monday, July 02, 2007

While my sewing machine gently weeps

Mum's sewing machine, in fact. Here's a photo of the almost finished doona cover which I gave Santi for his birthday. The motif is a space invader btw.



Some lessons learnt, observations, thankyous:
- Blue and red do not provide much contrast. Blue and orange might have worked better.
- The most time-consuming thing is unpicking (my mother's machine is old and doesn't have a delete button).
- It's really neat when all the pieces come together.
- Mum helped me big time with bobbin tangles and thread snags, so thanks Mum.
- Handmade things make great presents - Santi doesn't uunderstand it yet, but he will one day.

The next project will be some curtains for the kitchen window to help keep the heat in. It's freezing here!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 am, Blogger Kristina said...

You sew? Quilt, even? I'm dead impressed!

I can barely sew a seam shut, and stitch on a button. I tried curtains once using a sewing machine and they looked like a drunkard did it blindfolded.

Happy Birthday Santi! You are one lucky boy.

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger Mark said...

Ha ha, I'd love to see a picture of those curtains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home