Hello Again, Sydney

One Sydney-sider's experiences moving back to Sydney after a long absence overseas.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cracking Sydney

I don't know if it's the holiday vibe still hanging on, or the new year, but I suddenly feel like the only thing stopping me from grabbing Sydney by the balls is me. In a few years time, this blog will serve as a diary of when we came here, and I'm pretty sure when I read it I'll think what a miserable bastard I was! In some ways, Sydney is exactly the place to be for me right now. All the bad habits I had before, everything I basically ran away from, that's still here, and still holds sway to some degree. Ultimately, that's what I need to conquer. Have you ever heard that saying that if you can meditate on a busy street in Manhattan then you can meditate anywhere? Well for me, if I can be happy in Sydney, then I can do it anywhere. And I'm getting closer.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 pm, Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

If anybody's not a miserable bastard, it's you, Mark.

b

 
At 8:57 am, Blogger Mark said...

Cheers, b!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home