Hello Again, Sydney

One Sydney-sider's experiences moving back to Sydney after a long absence overseas.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gainfully Employed

That's right, I got a job. Yay! And it's exactly the kind of job I was looking for. Bravo!! But it's out west, which means I'm travelling over three hours a day. Booo!!! It's been a major shock to the system working full time again - I'd forgotten how little space it leaves for domestic duties, let alone writing. I'm still not sure whether I'm living the dream, or waking up from it. Lots of stuff I want to write down, so little time.

Here's a Sunday night-sized one: writing a letter to a previous address. You could let the new residents know about what it was like when you lived there, how that cigarette burn on the carpet got there, which room you had the best sex in, or the bloodstains on the... well, no, perhaps not. And I could see how this concept could turn nasty if it fell into the wrong hands. Still, I'm thinking a chain letter where every person who gets a letter writes to all their previous addresses and so on and etc. Or more likely a short story written along these lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home